"Determining your Daily Budget and Travel Agenda are two of the time-consuming elements of travel.. For all Your Fun Trips and More ..Leave the headache to us."

Important Travel Information

Important Travel Information


All cruise ships are required to file a passenger manifest with the National Immigration Naturalization Service (I.N.S) prior to sailing. The government asks for key personal information from each
passenger including, but not limited to, names, gender, dates of birth, residency, citizenship and passport details, if applicable. The Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) is standard for all airlines and cruise reservations. Failure to provide this information to your cruise line in advance of your cruise may result in delayed or denied boarding without a refund. You will receive additional information with your cruise documents.


Passport requirements vary by destination and your citizenship. Please review the section below to determine your passport requirements.

U.S. Citizens
On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative). The rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security.CHILDREN: U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 will be able to present the original or copy of their birth certificate, or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card. Groups of U.S. citizen children ages 16 through 18, when traveling with a school or religious group, social organization, or sports team, will be able to enter under adult supervision with originals or copies of their birth certificates or other proof of citizenship. See the Department of Homeland Security’s website for more information on the changing travel requirements.

U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States when traveling via air, land or sea from outside the country.
U.S. Passport Card: The passport card is only valid for re-entry into the United States at land border crossings and sea
ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda.
WHTI-Compliant Travel Documents for U.S. citizen travel via land or sea, as of January 31, 2008:
Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
 Form I-872 American Indian Card


If your cruise requires air travel between the U.S. and the Americas, Canada, the Caribbean, Bermuda or Mexico, you will be required to present a passport when departing from or returning to the U.S. by air. Even if your cruise does not involve air travel outside the U.S., should you be required to unexpectedly depart a vessel prior to the end of the sailing, a passport would be required to re-enter the U.S. by air. As such, all cruise lines continue to strongly recommend that all passengers are in possession of a passport.


Air Travel
All travelers including children must present a passport or secure travel document when entering the United States by air.

Land/Sea Travel
Lawful permanent residents may continue to present their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card. More available at CBP.gov.


Air Travel
All international visitors regardless of country of origin must present a passport or secure document when entering the United States by air.
US-VISIT biometric procedures apply to international travelers holding a non-U.S. passport or visa with limited exceptions. Find out how US-VISIT works.

Land/Sea Travel
Canadian Citizens – Beginning June 1, 2009

Canadian citizens will need to present a single document that complies with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). See the WHTI Program for more information.
Bermudian Citizens – Beginning June 1, 2009

Bermudian citizens will need to present a single document that complies with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). See the WHTI Program for more information.Mexican Citizens – Mexican citizens, including children, must present a passport with a non-immigrant visa or a laser border crossing card.Document requirements for most Mexican citizens, including children entering the United States, do not change under WHTI. See the WHTI Program for more information.US-VISIT biometric procedures may apply to some Mexican citizens. Find out how US-VISIT Work.

All Others
Travel Document Requirements – Visitors Traveling Under the Visa Waiver Program: International travelers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program need to present an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after October 26, 2006.

US-VISIT: Entry and exit process for visitors requiring a visa, using biometrics such as digital fingerscans and digital photographs, to ensure the person crossing the U.S. border is the same person who received the visa.

e-Passports: The United States requires that travelers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program have an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after October 26, 2006.

Travel For Non-U.S. Citizens: (CBP) Information for visitors to the United States that are visiting for the purpose of working, studying, business travel or immigration.


All travelers are responsible to learn of the documentation requirements for your vacation. If you are a non-U.S. citizen, you must contact the embassy or consulate representing the country of your citizenship. Due to changing security conditions, neither the cruise line nor WMPH Vacations is able to provide complete information. ALL DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING VALID PASSPORTS, BIRTH
CERTIFICATES, VISAS, ETC. IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TRAVELER. You will be denied boarding by the cruise line without recourse for failure to present proper documentation and no refund will be given by the cruise line or WMPH Vacations.


The Canadian government requires foreign citizens from most countries other than the U.S. to obtain a visa for entry into Canada. This law affects travelers on all cruise itineraries that begin or end in Canada, as well as those that make a port of call in Canada. Failure to present the required visa will result in denied boarding with no refund. To learn if Canada requires a visa for citizens of your country, please call your embassy or consulate.


Obtaining a Passport | Obtaining a Visa

The United States Department of State will be requiring passports for more and more types of travel. We encourage all cruise passengers to obtain a passport well in advance of their cruise reservations. The information below will help you alleviate any last-minute rush and expense of obtaining necessary documentation before your sailing.


What is a Passport?
A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.

How do I apply for my First Passport?
To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of 7,000 passport acceptance facilities located throughout the United States with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license. Acceptance facilities include many Federal, state and probate courts, post offices, some public libraries and a number of
county and municipal offices. There are also 13 regional passport agencies, which serve customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. Appointments are required in such cases. You’ll need to apply in person if you are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time; if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you are under 16; or your current valid U.S. passport has been lost of stolen. For more information, visit these links on U.S. State Department Website.

How to Apply & Documentation
How to Get a Passport Quickly
Where to Apply in the U.S.
Where to Apply Abroad

My Passport has expired or is expiring. How can I renew it?
You can renew by mail if: Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged; you received the passport within the past 15 years; you were over age 16 when it was issued; you still have the same name, or can legally document your name change. If your passport has been altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.For more information, visit this link on U.S. State Department Website.
How to Renew Your Passport

How much does a Passport cost?
The cost of a passport varies on whether or not it’s your first passport or a renewal and your age. Passport fees are non-refundable.
Age 16 and older: The passport fee is $135 (includes acceptance)
Under Age 16: The passport fee is $105. (includes acceptance).

Passport Renewal (Form DS-82)
You may use this form if your previous passport:

1. Was issued when you were 16 or older.
2. Was issued in the last 15 years.
3. Is not damaged.
4. Is submitted with your application.

The Passport renewal fee is $110 (includes acceptance fee)
Note: When applying at one of the thousands of designated application acceptance facilities in the U.S., you pay the passport fee and the security surcharge to the ”U.S. Department of State” and the execution fee to the facility where you are applying. Acceptable forms of payment vary. When applying at a Regional Passport Agency, both fees and the surcharge are combined into one payment to the ”U.S. Department of State” and may be paid by check (personal, certified, travelers’), major credit card (V, MC, AE, Discover), bank draft or cashier’s check, money order (U.S. Postal, international, currency exchange), or if abroad, the foreign currency equivalent, or a check drawn on a U.S. bank.

How long does it take to get a Passport?
If you are applying for a Passport in person and select “Routine Service” you will receive your passport in the mail in about 6 (six) weeks. If you apply in person (or by mail if renewing a passport) and select “Expedited Service” you will receive your passport in the mail in about 2 (two) weeks. “Expedited Service” requires an additional “rush” fee plus the cost of overnight delivery services.

Can I use a commercial Passport Expediting Service?
Yes, there are numerous private commercial firms that specialize in arranging expedited issue or replacement services for
an additional service charge.
For more information about applying for an expedited passport, please
visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/new.html

© 2018 All Right Reserved.TDE Tours Connection inc